The Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka has been publishing the Scientific Journal of Maritime Research since 1999. The Journal is the successor of the „Zbornika radova“, first published in 1964.
Pomorstvo - Scientific Journal of Maritime Research
Publisher: Faculty of Maritime Studies Rijeka, University of Rijeka
Address: Studentska 2, 51000 Rijeka
Phone: +385 51 338 411
Aim and Scope – The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research promotes science, profession, scientific thought, and a scientific approach in the multidisciplinary area of the technical, social, humanistic, and other sciences within the complex field of Maritime Studies.
Purpose, goal, and thematic orientation of the Journal mostly focuses on the development of theoretical and practical hypotheses, analysis of terms, publishing results of basic and applied research… in activities, operations, processes, and relations at sea or related to the sea.
The authors of the papers published are scientists and experts in the mentioned areas, both from Croatia and abroad. All the papers should be written in the English language and are subjected to a „sigle-blind“ review process.
Since 2006, the Journal has been issued twice a year (in June and December).
In addition to the Editorial Board, the members of which are professors of the Faculty of Maritime Studies of the University of Rijeka, the Journal has an International Scientific Advisory Board, with distinguished scientists from abroad as members.
The Journal has been financially supported or still is by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia, by the University of Rijeka, and by the Foundation of the University of Rijeka (depends on approval).
Papers published in the Journal of Maritime Studies are included in the databases of:
• WoS CC (Web of Science Core Collection) – ESCI Emerging Sources Citation Index, Clarivate Analytics, USA
• ASFA (CSA) - Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts, CSA, Maryland, USA
• BMT - British Maritime Technology Abstracts, Teddington, United Kingdom
• CiteFactor (Academic Scientific Journals), USA
• COBISS/OPAC, Virtualna knjižnica Slovenije, Slovenija
• CSA (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - Oceanic Abstracts, Maryland, USA
• DOAJ; Directory of Open Access Journals, Lund University, Sweden
• EBSCO Publishing – Ipswich, MA, USA
• EJOL – Electronic Journals Online Library, Institut Ruđer Bošković, Zagreb, Hrvatska
• GEOBASE - The Bibliographic database for the Earth, Geographical and Ecological Sciences, Elsevier
• HRČAK - Central portal of Croatian scientific journals, Zagreb, Croatia
• INSPEC – Database published by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK
• NSK – National and University Library, Zagreb, Croatia
• SCOPUS -Elsevier's abstract and indexing (A&I) database, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• TRIS – Transportation Research and Information Services, Washington, DC, USA
The Council of Science Editors and its Editorial Policy Committee encourage everyone involved in the journal publishing process to take responsibility for promoting integrity in scientific journal publishing (Scott-Lichter D and the Editorial Policy Committee, Council of Science Editors. CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update. 3rd Revised Edition. Wheat Ridge, CO: 2012).
CSE’s White Paper on Promoting Integrity in Scientific Journal Publications, 2012 Update.pdf
Open Access Statement - The Journal of Maritime Studies is an open-access journal. This enables open access, search, reading, downloading, distribution, and other legal use. The Croatian Open Access Declaration was taken from http://www.fer.unizg.hr/oa2012/deklaracija
Publishing fee - The Scientific Journal of Maritime Research does not charge any fee for publishing, reading or downloading papers.
Plagiarism is a form of piracy that involves the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language (figures, images, or tables) and thoughts of others and the representation of them as one’s original work without permission or acknowledgment by the author of the source of these materials. Plagiarism generally involves the use of materials from others. However, it can apply to researchers’ duplication of their own previously published reports without acknowledgment (this is sometimes called self-plagiarism or duplicate publication). (Council of Science Editors. Sample correspondence. Available at: http://www.councilscienceeditors.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3335 (Accessed October 18, 2018).
License terms and copyright
The journal operates under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. Authors retain the copyright and publishing rights of all articles and materials published in the journal under their name as long as proper attribution is respected.
Subscription for organizations and institutions amounts HRK 40.00, for persons HRK 20.00.
Price in the Faculty bookshop for students amounts HRK 10.00 and HRK 20.00 for others.